In the Event of an Injury or Accident, we recommend the following course of action:
- Stay calm but act swiftly and observe the situation. Is there danger of further injuries?
- Listen to what the injured person is saying
- Alert the first aider who should take appropriate action for minor injuries
- In the event of an injury requiring specialist treatment, call the emergency services
- Deal with the rest of the group and ensure that they are adequately supervised
- Do not move someone with major injuries. Wait for the emergency medics
- Contact the injured person’s parent/guardian
- Complete an incident/accident report form
Coach/First Aider should Complete a Incident/Accident Report Form.